Brand Africa™ Gaining Momentum With 2nd Showcase
15 August 2011
The 21st century is witness to the dawn of a new era in African consciousness. The collective thrust by African leaders, decision-makers, citizens and influencers to shape the agenda and change perceptions of the continent through various initiatives and programmes is gaining momentum. Brand Africa™ is an independent pan-African brand-centric initiative which is at the forefront of a movement inspiring and inciting others to positively influence the image, reputation and competitiveness of Africa.
This year’s Brand Africa™ showcase, held from 29 September to 1 October 2011 at the Sandton Convention Centre, builds on the platform established during its inaugural session in 2010 and offers an exciting lineup of speakers and topics at the Brand Africa Forum™ 2011 and the Brand Africa Forum™ Masterclasses, a new addition extending dialogue and fostering a unified understanding of nation branding.
The Brand Africa FORUM 2011 will focus on key questions which are catalysts to Africa’s growth, reputation and competitiveness such as:
- How can South Africa leverage its membership to BRICS to raise Africa’s voice and influence African economic investment and growth beyond 7%?
- What market-driven interventions and policies can African nations learn from other BRICS nations to transform Africa’s economy?
- How can savvy global African businesses and brands inspire and empower other African brands to grow beyond financial services, FMCG and telecommunications?
- Are many African businesses looking to African expansion ahead of global development? If so, what are the implications of looking inward rather than internationally?
- What type of leadership is required to build an enabling environment and systems to inspire growth, investment and innovation in Africa?
The Brand Africa™ Forum kicks off on Thursday, 29 September with an accomplished line-up including Dr. Dambisa Moyo, international economist and New York Times best-selling author and Dr. Reuel Khoza, businessman and author of ‘’The Power of Governance”. Dr. Moyo will make her second appearance at Brand Africa™ and is a tireless advocate of African sustainability and self-reliance.
The Brand Africa™ Masterclasses are open to the public and will be held on Friday, 30 September. The two half-day sessions feature international speakers Nigel Hollis and Dr. Keith Dinnie delivering presentations on building global brands and destination branding, respectively. For further information or to book, please visit www.brandafrica.net or contact Thabisile Khumalo, 011 463 5091.
© Brand Africa, 2017. Brand Africa ™ is a registered trademark.